Friday, July 2, 2010

Compounding...

When you roll out of bed and have a terrible attitude, it just seems to get worse and worse. You realize your 10 minutes late for work already, you stub your toe on your bed base, and while inspecting it to see if it's broken in the shower you hit your head! I am sure we have all had mornings like this... However, that was not at all like my day today! :)
I woke up about 9:30, which after a 12 hour shift last night and not hitting the sheets until about 3:30, makes for a pretty short night! But, I was excited cause it was my body telling me I had enough sleep, not my alarm! So I hop up, climb in the shower and realize I am early enough I should walk downtown and get a coffee! So after cleaning up, I walk downtown to my roomie's lil coffee shop and she bought me coffee and a banana! From that point, I knew it was gonna be a good day! :)
After getting my morning moo juice, I headed out to Arvada, OH BTW! I moved guys! I am now officially in downtown Denver! I LOVE IT! It's so close to everything! The house is so cute and charming! It was built in the early 1900's, and has all the fun and interesting things that an older house has, but I will blog about my house later... But yes, I headed out to Arvada, to pick up the rest of my stuff (stupid leftovers after a move). And then decided to go pick up my check from Bar Louie! Well after getting up to the bar, he brought out 3 checks!?! Who knew!?! The checks actually turned out to be a lil over a hundred dollars what I was expecting, so that was good!
Heading back to my new place to unload my stuff, I called a friend and realized just how lucky I am. I have so many good quality friends! It's been over a year since I have seen her and we picked up just like nothing had happened, the good times, the bad, the silly things, everything you love to tell your friends about! I am so lucky to have so many good friends, I just have to say thanks!
So the last compounding thing, that just made me feel good, I sitting at an intersection in Denver, and this is a pretty big intersection, it's with 3 different streets criss-crossing through it, so it's pretty busy all of the time. There is a jeep from the 80's that has died one car up and a lane over from me. The man starts pushing, and I throw my car in park and jump to help, and low and behold 4 other guys are there at the exact same time I am to help this guy move his car off of the road. Now this may be a selfish thing, get the car out of the road to avoid traffic congestion, but to this man it was so much more! It was a helping hand in an embarassing situation, where they were there, and we have all been there, if you haven't, you need to drive 'the great white'ish... my 1989 mercury topaz from high school with a different colored hood and drivers door. That will build you some character. :P But anyway! I just would love to spread on the happiness and joy from simple acts of kindness like this one, and hope to spread a lil sunshine into your day! Because mine has been awesome so far! (and very productive too) So thanks to all for reading my blog, I love hearing feedback and comments! Love, please and chicken grease to all!
D

1 comment:

  1. Dustin!
    I found your blog through someone else's but I am so glad I did! I have wondered what happened to you after graduation and I am glad to hear things are going so well for you. Congrats on the opportunity to move to Denver and the new house :) Stay optimistic- I love that about you.
    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete